Website Anglo American
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects â exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
- Perform effective management system administration activities through assessing and reviewing all data received and liaise with source information when required to obtain more details to complete information.
- Ensure all ISO certification applicable to the business is implemented and maintained.
- Collaborate with teams, specialists and service providers to develop Basic Assessment Reports/Environmental Management Programmes for Southern Africa Exploration that will support the application for mineral rights.
- Develop and manage integrated management systems to ensure achievement of objectives, by establishing and implementing approved medium- and long-term plans, aligned to the companyâs strategic business goals.
- Conduct required audits and inspections to enhance best practice and participate in internal and external audits for Operations/Sites.
- Investigate all serious and critical incidents and follow up actions and implement plans to prevent similar occurrences. Notifies the outcome of investigations to stakeholders.
- Influence the revision of standards and required documentation on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance to current legislations and group standards.
- 3 â 5 years operational safety/risk experience in mining environment (preferably open cast)
- Knowledge and experience with risk techniqueâs such as WRAC, Bow-tie analysis, JAR/WED and other recognized techniques and tools.
- Experience and knowledge on Contractor Management System (Passport 360)
- Knowledge of Mine Health and Safety Act (Act 29 of 1996) and other related legislation
- Report writing experience /skill
- Computer Literacy: MS Office: (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Driverâs Licence: Code B (Light vehicle)
- Relevant certificates in ISO management systems (9001, 14001,18001) will be advantageous
- Grade 12
- National Diploma or Degree in Safety OR Risk Management or relevant Technical Qualification
Company: Anglo American
Job Category: Mining
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Witbank, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A