Website Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
The CSIR has a vacancy for a Researcher in the Water Centre Area, within the Smart Places cluster. The incumbent will be responsible for leading and conducting research projects in the field of civil engineering in water &wastewater infrastructure. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Utilize standard software for design, assessment, optimization, re-engineering of water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Design of water distribution network, water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Undertake research in the development and application of hydraulic models for water network schemes.
- Development of strategic infrastructure planning documentation.
- Develop operations and maintenance planning for water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Develop Asset Care management documentation.
- An Honors degree or equivalent in Civil engineering with a minimum of eight yearsâ experience in the fields of water engineering;
- Professional registration with ECSA
- Knowledge and understanding of hydraulic modelling is essential;
- Experience in working with public sector clients (e.g., municipalities, water boards, government departments)
- Five to eight yearsâ experience in design of water and wastewater infrastructure
- A Masterâs degree in civil engineering or Water Engineering will be an added advantage;
- Experience in developing and/or updating operations and maintenance planning documents for water and wastewater infrastructure.
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Â Berea, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A