Website Lancet Laboratories
Performs and analyses laboratory samples in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose treat and prevent diseases.
- Registration in relevant discipline with HPCSA
- National diploma in Biomedical Technology
- Laboratory standards operating procedures and processes
- Anatomy, physiology and medical terminology relevant to medical pathology
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Laboratory information systems
- Relevant diploma
- Performs on-site training of laboratory staff, interns, students, medical colleagues and associated health workers in laboratory techniques, processes and systems, if assigned by laboratory manager and deemed competent.
- Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organizational policy.
- Receiving of specimens ,numbering, bench allocation and sample processing is performed as per departments requirements
- Represents the organization by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organizational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
- Attends training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Assists the laboratory manager with overseeing and monitoring equipment maintenance, asset management, procurement of goods and staff overtime expenditure to ensure the most effective utilization of resources, optimization of stock levels and reduction of costs at all times
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Job Category: Health Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Â Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A