Website Lancet Laboratories
Performs and analyses laboratory sample in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose treat and prevent diseases
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organizational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
- Receiving of specimens ,numbering, bench allocation and sample processing is performed as per departments requirements
- Attends training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Performs on-site training of laboratory staff, interns, students, medical colleagues and associated health workers in laboratory techniques, processes and systems, if assigned by laboratory manager and deemed competent.
- Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organizational policy.
- Operates, maintains and calibrates the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes recording instrument maintenance and quality control results as well as recognizing and resolving problems by troubleshooting mal-functioning equipment and taking corrective action.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits.
- Laboratory information systems
- Anatomy, physiology and medical terminology relevant to medical pathology
- Relevant Certificate
- Registration in relevant discipline with HPCSA
- Laboratory standards operating procedures and processes
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Job Category: Health Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Â Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A