Website Pikitup Johannesburg (SOC) Ltd
To provide strategic, technical and operational management support to the Chief Operating Officer in the transformation of Pikitup operations towards a high performing organisation
- Ensure a consistent, impactful and long-term approach to skills development is introduced and sustained at the depot level.
- Develop processes and systems within operations to maximize efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Implement risk mitigation plans.
- Drive and instil a high-performance culture by ensuring that there is compliance in all matters pertaining to performance management by direct reports and their subordinates.
- Develop and implement operations strategy and plans.
- Proactively manage all labour disputes and create a conducive and cooperative relationship between management, workers and Unions.
- Monitoring and evaluation of operations strategy and plans.
- Build a strong culture of governance and compliance through the tracking and resolving of all audit findings.
- Improve operations infrastructure so that depots represent excellent places of work for an employee of the City of
- Introduce uniform standards and procedures of operation through all depots, and in doing so introduce a consistent standard of service delivery excellence across the City.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA) and regulations.
- Knowledge of the South African Auditing Standards.
- A postgraduate qualification in in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of local and international trends and best practices in operations management and waste management.
- A bachelorâs degree with majors or modules in relevant disciplines such as environmental science, waste management or operations management.
- Analysis and problem solving
- Influencing and persuading
- Employment relations, negotiation and mediation
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Conflict resolution
- A minimum of 8 yearsâ relevant operations/ or waste management experience in a comparable environment.
- Driverâs license and access to own vehicle.
- 5 yearsâ experience at senior management level.
- Knowledge of Treasury Regulations and Public Service Regulations.
- Organising and prioritising
- Strong commercial knowledge understanding.
- Knowledge of Fleet and Logistics
- 10 years operations management experience.
- Operational management
- Knowledge of internal standards relating to operations management.
- Experience working in a public service or local government environment.
Company:Â Pikitup Johannesburg (SOC) Ltd
Job Category:Â Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Â Soweto, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A