Website Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa - PRASA
To participate in Cross Functional Specification Teams and Bid Evaluation Committees, assisting and supporting Programme managers in implementing multiple capital projects within set parameters for successful completion of CAPEX projects from inception to handover to meet regional objectives
- Prepares cost analysis based on architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required, and labour involved.
- Prepares, maintains and updates tender and contract documents including bills of quantities.
- Evaluates tenders from contractors and subcontractors, and where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Participates in relevant SCM Committees for approval of proposals, specifications, tender documentation etc.
- Reviews draft quantities, cost and construction proposals for accuracy, relevance, cost and scope.
- Communicate regularly with project personnel and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Grade 12 Certificate, Degree / B Tech. in Quantity Surveying, Registration as a Professional Quantity Surveyor with the South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession (SACQSP) will be an added advantage,
- 3 years Quantity Surveying experience preferably in managing projects in a railway / property development environment
- 2 years Management experience and a valid code 8 driverâs license.
- Understanding of relevant legislations e.g., PFMA, BCEA, Construction Industry Development Board Act etc
Job Category:Â Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Â Soweto, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A