Lead all aspects of the processes to develop and implement category strategies, manage relationships with suppliers and execute sourcing events for the Mechanical category. Ensure an optimal balance of supply and demand for materials and services and realize Total Cost of Ownership benefits within the category. Proactively manage key contractual risks within the category portfolio.
- Analyse the stakeholder landscape and proactively manage relationships to ensure support for and participation in processes to develop and implement sourcing strategies
- Spend, through a total cost of ownership reduction approach.
- Adapt, continuously improve and update sourcing strategies and contracts to mitigate threats and capitalise on opportunities.
- Lead and oversee the development and implementation of sourcing strategies for the category in order to realise increased business value for Sasol by leveraging external
- Continuously monitor and analyse the internal and external environments to identify opportunities and threats impacting Sasol’s category sourcing strategies and contracts;
- Develop and implement a functional strategy for the category team.
- 12+ relevant years in specialised mechanical equipment.
- A commercial qualification/ Masterâs in Business Administration / Masterâs in Business Leadership will be an added advantage
- Four years Bachelorâs Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B Engineering/B Tech in Mechanical Engineering)
- Extensive experience in mechanical engineering, procurement or commercial roles a must.
Job Category:Â Mining
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A