Website University of the Witwatersrand
To be responsible for overseeing the document management systems within Central Records OfficeÂ (CRO) to ensure that records follow through the lifecycle of records and that they are captured, stored,Â maintained, retrieved, shared, protected and destroyed as per the retention schedule of the University.Â To ensure that proper records management procedures are followed when records are captured, storedÂ andÂ retrievedÂ onÂ the systemÂ andÂ proper qualityÂ control is doneÂ onÂ theÂ system.
- Coordinate the implementation of Sharepoint site within CRO
- Developing and documenting procedures and best practices for digitisation
- Train staff in digitisation and any other related software when required
- Assist the Manager CRO with supervision of staff responsible for digitisation on the system
- Planning and coordinating the digitisation of materials stored or transferred to the CRO
- Assessing, evaluating and prioritising materials for digitisation
- Quality control the digitisation material captured on the system
- Capturing and importing digitised materials into document management systems
- Digital preservation of digitised and born digital materials in the CRO
- Assist the Manager CRO to manage document management systems projects within CRO
- Document business processes for clients within CRO and advise on the development and configuring document management systems
- Applicants must have good computer literacy e.g. Ms. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams
- Applicants must have practical trackable experience in electronic content/ document management systems.
- Diploma in Information Technology, preferably B. Tech Information Technology/BSc Computer Science or B.Com. Information Systems, B. Information Management/ Information Science plus at least three years post qualification experience.
- Applicants must have business analysis and system analysis experience
Company:Â University of the Witwatersrand
Job Category:Â Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Â Soweto, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A